Happiness quotes spark inspiration and boost my mood. Here are a few of my favorites.
1. "Happiness depends upon ourselves." - Aristotle
2. "I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." - Audrey Hepburn
3. "If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you." - Lao Tzu
4. "There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will" - Epictetus
5. "Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife." - Franz Schubert
6. "Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin
7. "Whoever is happy will make others happy too." - Anne Frank
8. "Enjoy the Journey"....Caltex Slogan (i didn't realize this was their slogan until I read an article about my mom, Amy Gustilo Lopez, who was Miss Caltex '69 in the Philippines.)
9. "He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe." - Marcus Aurelius
10. "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." - Marcus Aurelius
11. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” - John Lennon
12. "True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
13. "Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness." - Buddha
14. "Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss
The new posters for the San Diego Opera by R. Black are exhibited at the University Club atop Symphony Towers. My favorite is Reborn 2015 which perfectly captures the company's comeback. They almost closed last year but were able to raise funds, reorganize, keep performing and will celebrate their 50th year anniversary.
Passion, dedication and flexibility overcomes obstacles.
I have been wanting to restart and improve my blog but felt stuck. I read several books, visited numerous places and watched various videos hoping to feel inspired and getting frustrated that I was not feeling the creative spark. When I saw this sign at the Great Moments with Lincoln in Disneyland two weeks ago, something clicked and inspiration struck. Time to take photos and write...